Coast Guard Functions Academies, Institutions and Training Centres EU Network Project
The Coast Guard Functions Academies, Institutions and Training Centres EU Network Project (ECGFA NET) aims to bring together and encourage cooperation of the EU Members States and competent EU Agencies Academies, Institutions, Training Centres relevant with Coast Guard Functions activities, based on existing structure and work program of the aforementioned organizations.
In this context, taking into account that the overall aim of the ECGFF, as defined in its Terms of References (Dublin, 22-08-2012), is to study and promote understanding and development of maritime issues of importance and of common interest related to Coast Guard Functions across borders and sectors, both civil and military, and to contribute to progress in the various CGF activities, the ECGFA NET has on a priority basis the following specific objectives:
- To create an inventory of the relevant Coast Guard Functions Academies, Institutions and Training Centres established at national and European level.
- To form a research platform for the various national Coast Guard Functions Academies, Institutions and Training Centres, following the cross-sectoral approach.
- To enhance cooperation leading to common operational awareness and understanding.
- To assist national Coast Guard Functions Academies, Institutions and Training Centres to reinforce and modernize their training efforts and programs as appropriate.
- To promote post-graduate level of education in order to provide increased opportunities for the Coast Guard Functions personnel based on common European educational principles.
- To coordinate realistic modes of interaction in terms of networking.
- To introduce open applied academic research and development, aiming at increasing innovation into the future Coast Guard activities.
- To support the various coast guard functions in terms of improving their own training policy and maximise their effectiveness.
- To promote educational coast guard projects at national, regional and EU level.
- To seek and promote innovative solutions and trust towards the exploration of new socio-technical solutions in coast guard training (on-line learning, e-learning, webinars etc).
- To support the European Integrated Maritime Policy notably to respond to challenges facing the European maritime domain in an integrated manner vis-à-vis a Virtual Knowledge Centre, as suggested and promoted by FEMIP, in order to form a one-stop-shop for marine and maritime information.